Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Making the Disposable Permanant


I'll be the first to admit that I can never go green all the way. Growing up in LA, I believe that driving is a constitutional right. I once tried going vegetarian but that lasted only 2 days. But there are baby steps I am taking that cumulatively should make an impact, and there are some good looking products that will help me reduce and reuse.

Larena Barrezueta's line of take-out inspired dinnerware comes in a wide range of sizes, shapes and colors. I would love to serve some fancy-schmancy food at a stuffy dinner with her plates.

I especially love the TV tray. Brings back fond memories of childhood.


Glass carafe and glasses by Seletti are much more elegant and eco-friendly than the plastic counterparts that inspired them. They even come with glass caps.




This famous Greek paper cup has been around since 1963. Currently, over 180,000,000 per year are carried out of New York delis full of hot coffee. The world's more famous cup is now available in ceramic.


Now I can slurp my ramen noodles in style. I ate way too much of this stuff in college.


No comments: